Lead Backend Developer (Python Django)- UKApply here
Get to Know Us
TMT Insights is a professional services and software development company delivering leading capabilities in the digital supply chain, including media content management, cloud technology, and SaaS/D2C experiences to global media companies. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills within the media & entertainment, digital & cloud technology space, our team offers industry leading services such as strategy and CXO advisory, product ideation & innovation, cloud transformation, process re-engineering and development to our partners. As early adopters of new technologies, we embrace the power of collaboration and work with our partners to combine our guidance with action to further drive efficiency, value, and scale to their communities.
Our team is looking for a Lead Backend Developer to work hand-in-hand with our VP of Technology and join our growing team of dedicated technologists and innovators that collaboratively optimize digital supply chain for our clients. We are looking for a lead that not only has a solid technical understanding of software engineering but is also a problem solver, a quick learner, great communicator, and a passion for designing, developing, and architecting delightful and impactful products.
The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for driving, designing, creating, and maintaining components of the various backend platforms we work with – including our flagship product, Polaris. Suppose you’re an individual that takes pride in the design of scalable, usable, and performant Web applications and has the experience and skillset to transform complicated workflows into elegant solutions, then, we’d like you to join our team!Our teams are moving through a rapid phase of hyper-growth, which means humility and collaboration are also a big part of our ideal candidate’s DNA.
What You’ll Do
This position will contribute to various initiatives including service integration with emerging frameworks and platforms and assist with technical resolution of issues while coming up with solutions that are scalable, secure, easy to maintain, and interact with numerous other services. You’ll be working with complex data models, external facing APIs, processing high-volumes of data consumed by multiple backend services and laying the groundwork for a new Cloud-based servicing product unlike anything on the current market! Understanding of Amazon Web Services is not required but will be an additional benefit.
- Works hand-in-hand with our VP of Technology to lead and supervise day-to-day operations of assigned Software Development team, removing blockers, and monitoring development progress
- Design and participate in development of multiple concurrent backend and server-side software development projects
- Solve and implement difficult technology challenges and assist the team to successful delivery
- Analyzes processes to improve production software, efficiency, and workflow
- Ensure long term software quality, scalability, and maintainability
- Implement software development best practices on topics such as code structure, automated testing, and documentation
- Develops software solutions as needed
- Mentors and assists Software Development team by advising with the support of developed code and assisting with technical resolution of issues on production and development systems
What You Bring:
- Experience leading software developers or development teams
- Able to communicate technical information effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work well individually and collaboratively
- Experience developing software with backend languages/frameworks such as Python, Flask, Django, Node, specifically in building and supporting RESTful APIs using Django and Django REST Framework
- Extensive understanding of web application best practices and Git development flow
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Postgres
- Understanding of the full stack of the application and experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Understanding of cloud services such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Excellent communicator who is passionate about quality, supportability, extensibility, and scalable application designAbility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in media & cloud technology is a bonus!
Benefits & the TMT Advantage:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for bonus and/or long-term professional career growth, training, and development
- Access to Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Remote position – work from home
- Inclusive, people-first mentality!